The Director of the Statistical Consulting Unit, under the direction of the Department Head of Statistics, will oversee statistical consulting and collaboration activities of consulting faculty members from the Department of Statistics, the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and the Texas A&M Institute for Data Science in providing statistical design, analysis, and reporting support to members of the Texas A&M University community.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ten years of consulting and management experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to ensure understanding
Preferred Education and Experience:
- M.S. in statistics or biostatistics (or equivalent)
- Five years of consulting experience in either an industrial or academic setting with Master's degree
- Experience in supervising statistical analysts or graduate students is desired
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills are essential, as is a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Provides management and oversight of the SCU
- Performing daily operations of the program including all initiatives such as organizing and executing all aspects of consulting activities
- Coordinates current and future consulting activities with colleges and clients
- Develops and implements the statistical consulting unit program
- Oversees the SCU budget which includes seeking funding for the program
- Oversees communications, promotions, and public relations for the unit
- Serves as the primary contact for requests from Texas A&M University faculty and graduate students for statistical assistance
- Accumulates usage statistics and performs quality control for client reports
- Establishes collaborative relationships with client colleges
- Supervising work being done by the Graduate Students and Faculty member groups
- Oversight and performance of statistical designs and analyses
- Responsibility for assigning projects to consulting faculty or graduate students for completion
- Oversees preparation of statistical design and analyses in support of funding applications
- Performs other duties as assigned
Special Note: A cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references are strongly recommended. You may upload all three on the application under CV/Resume.
Instructions to Applicants: To apply for this position, please visit: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMU_External/job/College-Station-TAMU/Director--Statistical-Consulting-Unit--SCU-_R-017400 to apply for this position.
Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.