These positions are located in the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) Headquarters, Research & Development Division in Washington, DC.
The incumbents serve as statistician for research and development work related on statistical methodology, including research on sampling, estimation, and statistical data editing and imputation. This research is designed to enhance the operational census and survey programs for crop, livestock, demographic, environmental and price statistics.
Open & closing dates - 01/08/2020 to 01/21/2020
Salary - $73,973 to $133,465 per year
Appointment type - Permanent
Work schedule - Full-Time
- Analyzes summarized survey indications and prepares supporting analytical and interpretive comments or final recommendations for estimates and forecasts.
- Implements statistical theory, methods and procedures related to the general area of agricultural surveys for operations and research.
- Researches, develops and executes computer intensive methods for integrating data to provide robust estimates with associated levels of uncertainty.
- Develops specifications for computer programs for pilot studies; data analysis, data interpretation and presentation of project results.
- Prepares written proposals, documentation reports, and published reports/articles in conjunction with assigned duties, about methods and products developed with assigned duties.
- This includes initial proposals for research studies and subsequent recommendations of improvements, additions, and modifications to Agency procedures.
- Provides advice, exchanges information, resolves problems and assures the proper application of research and development results.
- Develops, plans and implements procedures to conduct surveys or research for the analysis and preparation of estimates, forecasts, and reports.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including specialized experience and/or education, as on the USA Jobs website below.
For Additional Information and How To Apply, please see the USA Jobs website for this job announcement below.