Duties and Responsibilities
Purdue University is looking to fill the position of Senior Data Scientist. The Senior Data Scientist will coordinate with the Director, Managing Director, and Corporate Partners Senior Manager of The Data Mine to provide research, and data science technical and administrative support to students and staff in the Corporate Partners program. This position will focus on research projects and involve independent work, innovative thinking related to complex industry-facing projects that will need to be adapted to the abilities of undergraduate students, technical problem solving, project management, team management, and excellent communication skills.
Master's Degree with related Data Science
- Master's Degree with related Data Science Three (3) years of experience with data science, consulting, and undergraduate teaching on a variety of projects In lieu of a degree, consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Proficiency with R, Unix, Python, SQL, Jupyter Notebooks, R Markdown, XML, research computing cluster environment
- Lesson planning for a variety of levels of student experience
- Effective online communication
- Capable of working on all stages of data science projects from assessing client needs, planning, delegation, implementation, analysis, and presentation of results
- Excellent planning, problem-solving, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels
This position has a limited duration of 1 year with continuation dependent upon additional grant funding. Benefits do apply.
- Master's Degree in Applied Statistics, Data Science, or Computer Science
- Additional Information:
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications:
Contact Person / Email: email@example.com