This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture, National Agricultural Statistics Service, Research and Development Division, Office of the Director with one vacancy in Washington, DC.
- Develops statistical models for both estimation and prediction, such as predicting yield of row and grain crops throughout the season and providing final estimates at the end of the growing season.
- Serves as Agency representative on selected interdepartmental and intergovernmental committees or subcommittees on statistical methodology.
- Recommends changes or modifications of survey standards and methods used in NASS necessary to ensure acceptable procedures and to meet research and operating objectives.
- Provides leadership on methodological research using mathematical and statistical techniques and methods based on the appropriate theoretical foundation necessary to meet the needs of each project.
- Reviews and evaluates operations of the Division to appraise effectiveness of policies and programs, determines deficiencies, and takes or recommends appropriate action to the Division Director and other senior executives.
- Prepares budget estimates and program proposals for the Branch and justification in final form for the Division Director's approval and submission to the Administrator's fund review.
Open & closing dates - 01/15/2020 to 01/29/2020
Appointment type - Permanent
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Subject to one year supervisory/managerial probationary period unless prior service is creditable. New USDA supervisors must successfully complete all components of the required training program before the end of their probationary period.
- Direct Deposit - Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Financial disclosure is required
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
For more information about this position, the requirements and How To Apply, please see the USA Jobs Website for this position (link below).