This position is located within the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), Research and Development Division, Survey Methodology and Technology Section, located in Washington, DC.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Section Head for the Survey Methodology and Technology Section as the Agency's technical expert in survey methodology, cognitive interviewing, and data dissemination research.
Recommends methods and techniques of data display and dissemination to improve interpretation and use of NASS statistics and data
- Integrates data quality improvements throughout the census, survey, estimation and data dissemination process into NASS operational statistical programs in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Plans, initiates, conducts and directs non-sampling error research to evaluate the accuracy of the organizations operational census and survey programs and to develop new methods.
- Recommends survey methodology to reduce or eliminate the errors detected in major nationwide surveys and improve the estimates produced.
- Makes and approves selections for non-supervisory positions and recommending selections for subordinate supervisory jobs, assigning duties, reviewing work, approving/disapproving leave and evaluating performance
- Maintains close liaison and coordination of the development of study projects of the Section with other Divisions of NASS and Field Offices as well as appropriate industry groups and professional associations.
- Participates fully with the Deputy and Division Directors in planning, formulating, developing, and implementing research programs within the specific areas of responsibility.
Open & closing dates - 01/22/2020 to 02/04/2020
Appointment type - Permanent
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Financial disclosure is required.
- Subject to one year supervisory/managerial probationary period unless prior service is creditable. New USDA supervisors must successfully complete all components of the required training program before the end of their probationary period.
- Direct Deposit ? Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
For more information about this position, the requirements and How To Apply, please see the USA Jobs Website for this position (link below).