This position is located at the Department of Agriculture, National Agricultural Statistics Service, Methodology Division, Standards & Survey Development Methodology Branch in Washington, D.C.
The incumbent is responsible for applying survey methodology principles to plan, implement, and document projects to improve or test the efficacy of data collection instruments, data collection materials, and data collection methodologies.
- Reviews and evaluates survey programs and activities to appraise effectiveness, to determine possible deficiencies, and to initiate or recommend modifications as needed.
- Initiates, tests, and evaluates new methods and procedures to improve survey methodology and documents, and presents recommendations for consideration to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists with developing, executing and document projects designed to test data collecting methodologies.
- Documents data collection instrument specifications in a manner understandable to the intended audience and provides sufficient justification for recommendations.
Open & closing dates - 01/10/2020 to 01/24/2020
Appointment type - Permanent
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit ? Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience and/or education, as defined on the USA Jobs website for this position (link below).
For more information about this position, the requirements and How To Apply, please see the USA Jobs Website for this position (link below).