This position is located in National Agricultural Statistics Service, Research and Development division, Frames and Survey Development Branch.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as research statistician for work related to questionnaire and forms design and data collection activities for the national agricultural survey program.
- Evaluates survey program operations related to data collection to appraise their effectiveness, to identify possible deficiencies, and to initiate modifications when needed.
- Investigates questionnaire design and data collection procedures that minimize survey error and maximize data collection efficiency.
- Devises suitable checks for the accuracy of the support staff work under the incumbent's technical direction and assures completion within the established time limits.
- Participates in formulating and recommending programs and projects relating to questionnaire design and data collection procedures.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit - Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
Open & closing dates: 06/30/2020 to 07/14/2020
Pay scale & grade: GS 11 - 13
Salary: $72,030 to $133,465 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
To find out more information about this position visit the link to the USA Jobs website below.