Conference Locations: All scientific sessions, breaks and meals are located in the Davis Centre at U Waterloo, with the exception of lunch on Day 1 and 2 and the Banquet at Federation Hall (Feds Hall). Links to maps and directions are within the agenda below.
Short Courses, Wednesday, August 2nd, 2023
**Both Short Courses are held during 1-4:30pm in different rooms.
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm Short Course 1: "Combining Randomized Clinical Trials and Real-World Data"
Instructor: Shu Yang, North Carolina State University
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm Short Course 2: "A Crash Course in Spatial Statistics with R"
Instructor: Patrick Brown, Associate Professor, University of Toronto.
Workshop Day One, Thursday, August 3rd, 2023
8:15 am – 8:45 am Registration/Check-In and Coffee & Light Breakfast
8:45 am – 9:00 am Opening Remarks and Introductions
9:00 am – 10:00 am Keynote 1: "Statistical approaches to the analysis of wastewater surveillance data"
Speaker: Charmaine Dean, U Waterloo
Chair: Joel Dubin, U Waterloo
10:00 am – 10:15 am Break (Located in DC 1301)
10:15 am – 12:15 pm Invited Session 1: Statistical Methods for Precision Health
Chair: Glen McGee, University of Waterloo
- Marzieh Mussavi Rizi, University of Waterloo
- Jeremy Taylor, University of Michigan
- Eleanor Pullenayegum, U Toronto, Hospital for Sick Children
- Rob Deardon, University of Calgary
12:15 pm – 2:00 pm Lunch (Located at M3 Atrium (M3 main foyer, ground floor)
- Debashis Ghosh, Colorado School of Public Health
- Lan Wen, University of Waterloo
- Shu Yang, North Carolina State University
- Mireille Schnitzer and Cong Jiang, Université de Montréal
4:00 pm – 4:15 pm Break (Located in DC 1301)
4:15 pm – 5:30 pm Student and New Researchers Poster Competition
- Located at Davis Centre (DC) "Fishbowl": DC 1301
- Please see Poster Abstract Submission Instructions to join.
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Banquet (Located at Federation Hall (Feds Hall))
- Banquet Host: Changbao Wu, University of Waterloo
Workshop Day Two, Friday, August 4th, 2023
8:30 am – 9:00 am Coffee & Light Breakfast
9:00 am – 10:00 am Keynote 2: "Universal Difference-in-Differences"
Speaker: Eric Tchetgen Tchetgen, U Penn Statistics
Chair: James Rosenberger, NISS
10:00 am – 10:15 am Break (Located at DC 1301)
10:15 am – 12:15 pm Invited Session 3: AI and Health Data Science
Chair: Liqun Diao, University of Waterloo
- Ali Ghodsi, University of Waterloo
- Qi Long, University of Pennsylvania
- Rob Strawderman, University of Rochester
- Grace Yi, Western U, Ontario
12:15 pm – 1:30 pm Lunch (Location: Davis Centre (DC) "Fishbowl", DC 1301)
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm Voluntary research break-out groups