Gifts of any size to The NISS Fund enable us to increase our value to the community and to pursue exciting new opportunities. NISS is a place where the statistics community convenes together to serve the nation in many critical roles. It is where industry, academia and government collaborate to solve some of the most interesting and complex issues. At the same time, we also serve the statistical sciences community that created us, through the creation of new opportunities for statisticians, human resource development - especially of early career researchers, and providing multiple paths for collaboration and networking across disciplines and organizations. Also, please keep in mind that your employer may match your contribution! Inquire with your offices Human Resources representative.
NISS is a 501(c)(3) corporation, and all gifts are tax-deductible. Once you click on DONATE, please be certain to:
- Fill in all required information (marked by an *)
- Fill in the Description box with your specific cause or type in “Donation to NISS for (specify year)” (i.e. any donation made during 1/1/2018-12/31/2018 applies to 2018)
- The mailing address must coincide with the address associated with the credit card being used
- Be sure to click on the toggle for Tax Exempt and click on YES
Our three primary emphases are:
- RESEARCH, through high-impact projects conducted with partners that include the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Education Statistics Services Institute, Hamner Institutes for Health Sciences, National Agricultural Statistics Service, National Cancer Institute, National Center for Education Statistics, National Center for Health Statistics, National Science Foundation and Transportation Research Board, as well as our sister institute, the Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute.
- PEOPLE, especially the more than 70 NISS postdoctoral fellows, who are now scattered around the world conducting significant and important research in statistics and other disciplines. In addition, more than 50 statistical and other scientists participate in our projects, drawn not only from the partners, but also from more than 20 universities, corporations, and research institutes.
- RELATIONSHIPS, through its award-winning affiliates program, workshops on topics ranging from financial risk to total survey error to computational advertising, and other science, social science and policy challenges that data science can address, NISS builds relationships within the statistics community, constructs bridges across sectors and creates new connections with other disciplines. The goal and the result is an enlarged future for statistics.
If you prefer to contribute by check, please mail your check to:
- 1750 K Street, NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006-2306 or
- P.O. Box 14006, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709.
- Make the check out to NISS.
- In the topic line, please write "The NISS Fund" or your specific cause.
If you have any questions, please call us at (202) 800-3880.
In support of this NISS mission, your donation to NISS can be designated to provide for unique activities, for example:
NISS is joining with the American Statistical Association (ASA) to help sponsor an international team of statisticians and computer scientists in 2018 to draft curricula for teaching statistics and data science to high school students. This team will have representatives from the USA, New Zealand, Australia, UK and Canada. They need $10,000 to fund their first meeting, and NISS would like to provide assistance with your help.
For donations toward the NISS-ASA sponsorship program, please fill in the Description box in the online donation form with "Curriculum Development in Statistics and Data Science."
We THANK YOU for your contribution to NISS and
hope your support will allow us to impact you or
your organization in a positive way in the future!
The more we do, the better we understand what else we can do.
We need your help!
If you need any clarification with the IRS regulations, please click on https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/substantiating-charitable-contributions
Support NISS through purchases with Amazon Smile
The AmazonSmile Program allows Amazon shoppers to direct a portion of sales to a charity of their choice. To shop at AmazonSmile simply click on this link (https://smile.amazon.com/ch/56-1746337) that will take you directly to the option to select the National Institute of Statistical Sciences as your charity of choice to ensure that 0.5% of all of your eligible purchases directly support NISS, courtesy of the Amazon Smile Foundation.
To learn more, please see complete AmazonSmile program details.