U.S. Census Bureau – Data Scientist
The U. S. Census Bureau is comprised of talented and innovative people who are passionate about their work. In addition to conducting a census every 10 years, we conduct surveys on virtually every aspect of life in the United States. Our work provides the data used for decision making by businesses, city planners, nonprofit organizations and individual Americans. Visit @censusbureau for our current social media offerings, including data releases and job opportunities.
Position Title: DATA SCIENTIST, GS-7/9, GS-11/12, GS-13
Duties and Responsibilities:
Data Scientist work is multifaceted and requires talent from interdisciplinary backgrounds which primarily involve work related to identifying the methods, processes, algorithms, tools, and systems to extract and interpret findings from varied structured and unstructured data sets related to the data science lifecycle. Work also involves the development of algorithms and/or tools to support data manipulation and processing as well as the use of data visualization techniques to articulate findings.
Data Scientists apply professional knowledge of computer science and mathematical and statistical theories, techniques, and methods to gather, analyze, design and construct new processes for modeling, interpret, and/or report quantitative information, trends, relationships and correlations among or within data sets.
Data Scientists have the knowledge of, or skills and abilities related, but not limited to the below:
- Application of Fact-Finding and Investigative Techniques
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data Principles
- Statistical Software and Computer Programs to Perform Computer Analysis of Statistical Data and Findings
- Communicate Findings Orally and in Writing
- Computer Science Data Analytics
- Data Modeling Programming Languages
- Simulation Statistical Methods and Techniques
- Data Governance
- Data Visualization
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Statistical Theory Optimization Methods
GS-7/9 - Completes projects above under supervision
GS-11/12 - Completes and leads projects above independently
GS-13 - Completes, leads, and is the expert for projects above
- College degree in math, statistics, computer science, data science or field directly related to the position.
- US citizenship
- All applicants must submit a resume and all educational transcripts in their documentation.
- See appropriate link below for details...
GS-7/9: Completed Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent in related field, For more details and to apply: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/736442000
Contact Person / Email for GS-7/9 - email@example.com
GS-11/12: One to two years of work experience in the data scientist field in addition to the GS-9 qualification. For more details and to apply: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/736444300
Contact Person / Email for GS-11/12 - firstname.lastname@example.org
GS-13: At least one year of work experience in the data scientist field working at the GS-12 qualification. For more details and to apply: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/736445900
Contact Person / Email for GS-13 - email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, 2023-JULY-25