The Southern Regional Council on Statistics (SRCOS) Summer Research Conference (SRC) has been successful for 55 years.
This summer conference is particularly valuable for graduate students, providing them with the opportunity to interact closely with internationally-known leaders in the field without the cost of travel to distant venues. This year, undergraduate students will also be recruited to participate in the SRC and learn about graduate degrees in the statistical sciences with a focused effort aimed at groups who are under-represented in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
Actual travel costs to attend the conference will vary according to the location of the home university and method of travel. In the last four years, SRCOS has averaged 40 students in attendance.
Presenters and their topics for this year include:
- Katherine Ensor, President (American Statistical Association) is scheduled both as the Banquet and Keynote speaker Title: “Urban Analytics and the Leadership Role of Statisticians”
- Lynne Stokes (Southern Methodist University) will present in a session “Statistics for the Greater Good”
- Davina Durgana (American University) will present in the “Statistics for the Greater Good” Session
- Grace Chiu (Virginia Institute of Marine Science) Environmental Statistics
- John Tipton (Univ of Arkansas) will speak in a technical session on Environmental Statistics
- Anh Bui (Virginia Commonwealth Univ) will present his work on new methods for complex data structures
- Jan Hannig (Univ of North Carolina) will present his work on fiducial inference
- Zach Binney (Emory) will speak in a session on “Sports Statistics”
- Arny Stromberg (Univ of Kentucky) will speak in a “Sports Statistics” session
- Matt Brems (Data Scientist at BetaVector) will present an evening talk about the ongoing work of “Statistics Without Borders”
- Soumendra Lahiri (Washington University in St. Louis) “Resampling based statistical inference in Markowitz allocation”
- Paramahansa Pramanik (University of South Alabama) “Optimization of a Dynamic Profit Function using Euclidean Path Integral”
Program information coming soon!
Check the conference website for updates!