2023 NCES STATS-DC Data Conference
August 9-11, 2023
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
The U.S. Department of Education's 2023 National Center for Education Statistics' (NCES) STATS-DC Data Conference offers:
- Discussions of technical and policy issues related to the collection, maintenance, and use of education data for education researchers, policymakers, and data system managers;
- Innovations in the design and implementation of education data collections and information systems from all levels of government;
- Informative sessions on the Common Core of Data (CCD), Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems (SLDS) and changes in how the Department of Education collects and uses data;
- Tutorials on data collection, data linking beyond K-12, data management, data privacy, data quality, data standards, data use (analytical and instructional), and fiscal data; and
- Updates on federal and state activities affecting data collection and reporting, with a focus on best practices in collecting, reporting, and using education statistics.
There is no registration fee to attend the 2023 NCES STATS-DC Data Conference.
Friday, July 14, 2023 – 5:00 PM EDT
Cut-off date for the hotel room block. All participants booking a room after this date will not be guaranteed the group rate and will be responsible for paying a higher room rate if space is available. Please note: The room block may sell out prior to this date, so please make your reservations early.
Friday, July 21, 2023 – 5:00 PM EDT
Online pre-registration closes. After this date, participants must complete registration paperwork onsite at the conference.
We adhere to local public health and CDC guidelines regarding individual testing and masking for public events. Note that you may wear a face mask at any time during the conference.
Participants should evaluate their personal health situation and take the appropriate measures in addition to mask wearing as they feel appropriate for this venue and location. We acknowledge that despite these recommendations, there is still a risk of contracting COVID-19. Even vaccinated persons are at risk for contracting COVID-19. We request that anyone who has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 not attend the event and follow CDC guidelines for testing and isolation.
American Disabilities Act Accommodation Requests
Individuals with disabilities who need accommodation to participate in this event should contact Kerri Voelker (contractor) at 919-794-4710 or email@example.com. TTY users should contact the Federal TTY Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Requests should be made at least five business days prior to the event.
For additional information regarding the conference, contact: Patrick Keaton, NCES STATS-DC Data Conference Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For logistical questions, contact: Kerri Voelker (contractor), Logistics Manager, at email@example.com or 919-794-4710.