Government institutions have a unique mission when it comes to the data they collect as well as the importance of the research they engage in. This research becomes the principle foundation for informing policy issues that impact all aspects of society.
What is it like to work as a statistician in a government agency? What kinds of opportunities are there for data scientists in the federal government?
More importantly, how do you prepare yourself for obtaining a position?
Once again, NISS will be gathering senior statisticians who bring extensive experience working in the federal government. In addition, these individuals have graciously made it a priority to share their experiences so that others may better understand and be better prepared for working for a federal agency.
Dr. Cha-Chi Fan, Director, Office of Data Development and Standards at Bureau of Transportation Statistics, Department of Transportation
Full Speakers List coming soon!
Each presenter will have 15 minutes to address the following general topics:
- What are the job opportunities for statisticians/data scientists/analysts in your agency?
- Describe the range of skills statisticians/data scientists/analysts need to succeed in your agency?
- What is the career path for statisticians/data scientists/analysts in your agency?
- Is your agency currently hiring statisticians/data scientists/analysts?
- What advice would you give to students based on your experience?
This session is not to be missed! Register today!